We would like to highlight some of the special
programs in which our Sisters are involved:
- Young people are invited to jo in Sr. Mary Ruth for Teen/Youth Night at the Convent from 7-9pm
- February 24
- March 24
- April 28
- May 19
- 7:00 Gathering & getting caught up
7:15 Teaching (20 minute presentation)
7:45 Praying (30 minutes in chapel)
8:15 Playing (Games & popcorn)
8:45 Concluding (Night Prayer)]
- Monday Morning Prayer Group
6:30 a.m. (finish before 8 a.m.) – This is an opportunity open to all which will be adapted to fit the needs and desires of those who participate. It might involve walking & praying the rosary, praying in chapel, singing, discussing the faith, a book study, seasonal devotions, or some other form of prayer.
- Sr. Mary Ruth will also be offering a series entitled: Joyful Living: The Beatitudes
10 a.m. -3 p.m. on the 4th Saturday of each month
* February 25 – Blessed are the Meek & those who Hunger for Righteousness
* March 25 – Blessed are the Merciful & Pure of Heart
* April 22 – Blessed are the Peacemakers & the Persecuted
Into His Likeness
Edward Sri teaches us how to follow Jesus more closely and experience the love Jesus has for each of us individually and collectively through this video series. Sr. Mary Ruth will facilitate the sessions on Thursdays during Lent (6:30-8pm) at St. Francis Conference and Retreat Center. From the back of the book by the same title: “This [book] simply helps us follow those initial promptings of the Holy Spirit, so
that we may more intentionally encounter Jesus anew each day and be more disposed to his grace changing us ever more into his likeness.” Contact Sr. Mary Ruth to register or for more information.
A gentle introduction to the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, Lightworks II will be facilitated by Sr. Mary Ruth on Wednesday afternoons 3:30-5pm during Lent (beginning Feb. 22). Group sessions will be held at St. John the Baptist parish in Wyndmere, ND. Contact Sr. Mary Ruth for more information.
- This spring and summer, Sr. Mary Ruth will have the following Weeklong Silent Retreats with Direction:
* May 31-June 7
* June 21-28
* July 9-16
(other times as arranged)
- A popular annual event is Mother Daughter Days. We are pleased to announce the 2023 dates: June 15-17 and July 20-22. For more information, contact Sr. Jean Louise at firstname.lastname@example.org / 701-208-1245. You may register here.
Anyone wishing to make a private directed retreat is invited to
contact Sr. Mary Ruth to make arrangements.
Our Center, however, is open to any number of events. Most of the following are hosted by outside groups throughout the year. You are welcome to contact Karen at 701-640-3060 if you are interested in getting in touch with the organizers to register. Please note that these events are subject to change, and availability may be limited.